Please note: The 2014 Workshop on Spacecraft Flight Software (FSW-14) will take place from December 16-18, 2014 at the Beckman Institute Auditorium, at the California Institute of Technology.
To register as an attendee or as a presenter, please fill this form: FSW14-Registration Form
* First Call for Presentations: Monday July 28th, 2014
* Abstract Deadline: Monday Oct 20th, 2014
* Acceptance Notification: Monday Nov 10th, 2014
* Workshop: December 16-18, 2014
With the advent of faster processors and advanced hardware architectures, the modern spacecraft is highly reliant upon flight software for mission success. Software is integral to most of the spacecraft subsystems ranging from power to propulsion to instrument operations. Additionally, spacecraft developers are moving beyond providing only infrastructure to creating applications that can revolutionize how these vehicles are operated and how data is processed on-board.
This workshop provides an opportunity to present current flight architectures, novel approaches to mission solutions, and techniques for flight software development, integration, test and verification in an informal and open setting that facilitates communication across organizations and agencies. The following is a list of potential subject areas:
* Flight software engineering and testing
* Model based software development
* Navigation, fault management, and command sequence control
* Onboard communication
* Space network protocols
* Onboard data processing
* Software modeling, simulation and testbeds
* Spacecraft software architectures
* Agile software development
* Flight processors and operating systems
* Planning, tasking and execution
* Systems engineering
* Software Verification and Validation
* Testing Technologies
* Lessons learned
This is a PRESENTATION ONLY workshop. Presentations MUST NOT contain US Export Controlled information (aka ITAR), and notice of this must be indicated on all presentations.
The Flight Software Workshop is organized by volunteers. There is no fee for attending the workshop, the cost is FREE. However attendance will be limited to 120 attendees. The daily agenda will be updated on this page when finalized (around Nov 10th 2014).
The Aerospace Corporation, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory and Southwest Research Institute are the Founding Sponsors of the Flight Software Workshop. Additional sponsorship opportunities exist for 2014 workshop. Please email inquiries to the organizing committee at "spacefsw at gmail dot com".
* Dr. Alan Unell, The Aerospace Corporation, Chairperson
* Amalaye Oyake, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory,
* Robert Klar, Southwest Research Institute
* Subodh Harmalkar, The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/FSWWorkshop
* Website: http://www.flightsoftware.org/
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1072247
* Gmail: spacefsw at gmail dot com
The 2014 Flight Software Workshop is sponsored by following organizations: